FOUND FAMILY TREASURES
I found the following at a garage sale here in Shiawassee County and would like to see that they get a good home.
Diploma for William Raymond Gregory from Kansas City Kansas Public Junior College.
A photo of Charles Frederick Peterson Jr. at six months of age in 1926.
A post card with George Warren Friedlein's baby picture on the front.
A 1944 xmas eve letter home written by William R. Gregory in Germany to Mr. & Mrs. J. Frank Butler of Detroit, MI.
A photo of 4 women & two children with the names written: Mother Gregory, Aunt Flo, Blanch Waltzer, and Fern Frowerk.
A photo of about 3 dozen or more people-no names-looks like a possible family reunion.
Lost, family photo's sold at auction in mid 1970's. Carlton Estate sale, Parshallburg, Saginaw County, Michigan. These consisted of framed family portraits of my great-great grandparents etc. I would dearly love to have them back.
1330 MacArthur Drive, Apt. 1404
Carrollton, Texas 75007
Hi! When my husband and I moved to our farm, we found a headstone. I'd like to see it taken or returned to the family. The farm is in Vernon Township and the person is the wife of Chauncey Shepherd. Ironically, that's one of my family names, but mine come from MD. I'd like to see this go to where its supposed to. Thanks.
PHOTO ALBUM FOUND:
I found a photo album in a resale store here in Fl. & the pictures are beautiful. They are from the late 1800's. There are some names on some of the pics, also there is a memorium with the names of MI people, also some towns are named. I would like to find the families of these wonderful, handsome people to return the photos of their ancestors to them. I'll quote from the memoirium so you will then maybe understand what I am talking about. "Mrs. John H. Myers died March 15,1893 at the home of her daughter, Mrs A.E.Eastman, of Sandstone, Jackson Co. MI. Jane A Terpening was born at Summit, Scoharie Co. N.Y. Feb. 9,1838 was married july 10,1853 to John H. Myers They came to MI and settled in Spring Arbor, Jackson Co. March 9, 1864. Where they reared a family of 4 children. A son & 3 daughters & 4 grandchildren. Mrs. W.J. Folk of Holmer, MI. Mrs. A.E. Eastman of sandstone, MI. Mrs. Ella J. Myers of Sandstone, MI. David H Myers, of Spring Arbor, MI. The brothers & sisters of Mrs. Myers are; W.H. & A.J. Terpening of the State of Wash. Isaac Terpening of Perrinton, MI. Mrs G.W. Rogers, of Albion, MI. Mrs. G.W. Halstead, of Leslie MI. So you see there are a lot of family members. These pics are not snapshots. They were taken in photo studios. Some in Jackson some in Litchfield some in Ovid. The 2 that I have that were taken in Ovid were taken by a studio named P. H. Nix. I am still searching for direct descendants of these people. I feel that I am only holding them for there rightful family. They are wonderful pictures. I hope that you can help me find there rightful family. Thank you.
FUNERAL HOME REMEMBRANCE CARDS:
I have the following funeral home remembrance cards that belonged to my husband's grandparents and I will be happy to mail to any family member.
1. Glen W. BOSSERDET - d. January 4, 1954 - interment Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Owosso, MI
2. George Lee BYERLY 1879-1952 - interment Maple Grove Cem., Ovid, MI
3. William KIRN 1865-1950 - interment Oak Hill Cem., Owosso, MI
4. Mayor Charles Robert MOORE 1882-1955 - interment Ford Cem., (Gratiot Co.) (mayor of Owosso 1950-1955)
5. Miss Edith OWENS (sister of Crisman A. Owens) 1875-1950 - interment Yerian Cem., Shiawassee Co, MI
6. William H. ORSER 1867-1950 - interment West Haven Cem., New Haven Twp, Shiawassee Co, MI (also the obit for Nettie B. "OTT" ORSER d. 1964, w/o Wm Orser)
7. John Henry ORSER 1895-1950 - interment Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Owosso, MI
8. Peter A. PAPPAS 1906-1950 - interment Hillcrest Mausoleum, Owosso, MI UPDATE: Family member found !!! This card was returned to a grateful family member earlier this year. 9. Honorable William PERCY 1892-1955 - interment Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Owosso, MI
10. Glenn D. SUTTERBY 1888-1951 - interment Oak Hill Cem., Owosso, MI
11. Oro F. SUTTON - d. January 3, 1954 - interment Pine Tree Cemetery, Corunna, MI
12. Alva Caleb SUTTON - d. Dec. 1954 - interment Pine Tree Cemetery, Corunna, MI